Install Kali Linux on a Laptop or a PC using the instructions in my video that also includes a workaround for the WIFI firmware missing that you are likely to encounter.
To change the root password: sudo passwd root
To update Kali: sudo apt update
To upgrade Kali: sudo apt upgrade Default root password toor
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:12 Requirements 00:48
- Download Kali image installer 1:40
- Download Rufus and flash the Kali image to the USB key
- 3:34 Start the Laptop from the USB key and install Kali
- 04:59 Wifi firmware workaround
- 09:49 Restart after install and login
- 10:25 First configurations 12:08 Thanks and Subscribe
Laptops boot hot keys: Dell: Tap F12 when the Dell logo is displayed.
- HP: Tap F9 when the HP logo is displayed.
- Lenovo: Tap F12 when the Lenovo logo is displayed.
- Toshiba: Tap F12 or F2 when the Toshiba logo appears.
- Acer: Tap F12 as the Acer logo appears.
- Other: Try tapping Esc, F1-12, or Enter during bootup.
Disclaimer: Use the instructions in this video at your own risk. We are not responsible for any data loss or other damages that may occur. The instructions in this video will completely wipe the USB Key and the Laptop/PC Hard Drive so make sure they don’t have data you need.