Step by step how to install FydeOS on a PC or a Laptop or run it live from a USB key.
I will also show you how to configure the Android subsystem to enable the Google Play Store in details
How to Install FydeOS on PC:
- Step 1: Download FydeOS for PC from fydeos.com.
- Step 2: Download and install Balena Etcher from balena.io.
- Step 3: Get a 16GB or more USB key, insert it in the PC and flash FydeOS on it using Balena Etcher.
- Step 4:
- Boot the Laptop from the FydeOS USB. If you want to use FydeOS live from the USB key, just follow the prompts to do it otherwise, continue with the steps below
- Press Ctrl+Alt+F2 to go to the terminal windows
- Login with the user chronos with no password
- Type lsblk to identify the disk to install FydeOS on.
- Careful, the disk will be completely wiped
- Type the installation script sudo /usr/sbin/chromeos-install –dst /dev/sdX (where X is the HD you want to install it on)
Popular Laptops boot hot keys:
- Dell: Tap F12 when the Dell logo is displayed.
- HP: Tap F9 when the HP logo is displayed.
- Lenovo: Tap F12 when the Lenovo logo is displayed.
- Toshiba: Tap F12 or F2 when the Toshiba logo appears.
- Acer: Tap F12 as the Acer logo appears.
- Other: Try tapping Esc, F1-12, or Enter during bootup.
Make sure the HD and USB key you use don’t have any information you want because they will be completely wiped. We are not responsible for any data loss or any damage that may occur following the instructions in this video. Use at your own risk.