Browse the internet securely and anonymously with QUBES OS.
Follow my easy guide to install QUBES OS on an external drive and start it on any Computer you want
Amazon links are affiliate links. I gain a small percentage at no cost to you if you make a purchase. This will help my channel. Thank you.
- Download QUBES OS: qubes-os.org
- Download Rufus: rufus.ie
If you want to clean up the USB and external SSD, follow the instructions in this video. Careful, this operation will wipe everything on the selected device so make sure you select the correct device: https://youtu.be/lntjPfRrgh4
Chapters: How to install QUBES-OS
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:21 Step 1: Download QUBES OS Iso
- 01:24 Step 2: Copy the Iso file to the USB key with Rufus
- 04:10 Installation explained
- 04:45 QUBES OS installation procedure
- 09:20 First boot config after installation
- 11:21 Configure internet connection through TOR
- 11:48 A word about system requirements
- 12:35 Start Firefox and browse the web
- 13:07 Thank you
Laptops boot hot keys:
- Dell: Tap F12 when the Dell logo is displayed.
- HP: Tap F9 when the HP logo is displayed.
- Lenovo: Tap F12 when the Lenovo logo is displayed.
- Toshiba: Tap F12 or F2 when the Toshiba logo appears.
- Acer: Tap F12 as the Acer logo appears.
- Other: Try tapping Esc, F1-12, or Enter during bootup.
Disclaimer: Use the instructions in this video at your own risk. We are not responsible for any data loss or other damages that may occur. I am not affiliated to any of these Software editors/distributors. All the files on the USB thumb drive and on the external SSD will be deleted. So make sure you are using a USB and SSD drives that don’t contain any data you want. Be very careful to choose the correct installation target because everything on it will be wiped. Use QUBES OS for legitimate purpose and do not use for malicious purpose.