How to install and run Tails OS live with persistence on a USB key. Step by step easy to follow instructions.
Tails means: The Amnesic Incognito Live System
Popular Laptops boot hot keys:
- Dell: Tap F12 when the Dell logo is displayed.
- HP: Tap F9 when the HP logo is displayed.
- Lenovo: Tap F12 when the Lenovo logo is displayed.
- Toshiba: Tap F12 or F2 when the Toshiba logo appears.
- Acer: Tap F12 as the Acer logo appears.
- Other: Try tapping Esc, F1-12, or Enter during bootup.
Chapters: Tails OS persistent on USB key
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:16 Step 1: Download Tails and Rufus
- 01:20 Step 2: Flash Tails to the USB key with Rufus
- 03:18 Step 3: Start Tails and configure persistence
- 08:40 Thanks and subscribe
Disclaimer: Use the instructions in this video at your own risk. We are not responsible for any data loss or other damages that may occur.
Warning: The USB key will be completely wiped
WIFI dongles that work with Tails OS
Recommended USB key