Learn how to install Linux Ubuntu full version (not live) on a USB flash drive with persistence so to take it with you and start it from any PC you want.
✅ Subscribe, it really helps: https://www.youtube.com/knowledgesharingtech?sub_confirmation=1
- Recommended USB 32 GB flash drive: https://amzn.to/3bl19OM
- Recommended USB 8GB flash drive: https://amzn.to/3uVBSlP
- WIFI dongle that works with Ubuntu: https://amzn.to/3eeoeVc
Amazon links are affiliate links. I gain a small percentage at no cost to you if you make a purchase. This will help my channel. Thank you.
Warnings and notes
- Make sure you do not perform any operation on the Hard Drive of the PC
- The USB drives will be completely wiped
- The instructions showed are for booting from Legacy boot
- If you are prompted to format the partition at 08:55, go back and select the USB partition, click Change and make sure you select Format
Chapters: How to install Ubuntu Linux on a USB flash drive
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:10 Requirements
- 01:02 Download Ubuntu ISO
- 01:59 Download Rufus
- 02:55 Flash the Ubuntu ISO to the source USB key
- 04:29 Install Ubuntu on the target USB key
- 10:04 Starting Ubuntu after installation
- 12:15 Testing the persistence
Popular Laptops boot hot keys:
- Dell: Tap F12 when the Dell logo is displayed.
- HP: Tap F9 when the HP logo is displayed.
- Lenovo: Tap F12 when the Lenovo logo is displayed.
- Toshiba: Tap F12 or F2 when the Toshiba logo appears.
- Acer: Tap F12 as the Acer logo appears.
- Other: Try tapping Esc, F1-12, or Enter during bootup.
Disclaimer: Use the instructions in this video at your own risk. We are not responsible for any data loss or other damages that may occur.
Warning: The USB key will be completely wiped