Easy steps to encrypt your mac computer drive with FileVault to prevent unauthorized access to your files.
I also show you how to turn off FileVault in case you no longer need it.
- Do not loose your Recovery Key
- Do not turn off your mac while encryption or decryption are in progress
Chapters: Encrypt drive in macOS Big Sur with File Vault
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:25 Requirements
- 00:36 Opening FileVault
- 01:14 FileVault Options explained
- 01:39 Option 1: Encrypt using your iCloud account
- 02:41 Option 2: Encrypt using a recovery key
- 03:55 Turning off FileVault
- 05:03 Thanks
Disclaimer: Use the instructions in this video at your own risk. We are not responsible for any data loss or other damages that may occur